CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Garden is Producing!!!

Seems like the last three weeks the garden has been producing faster then we can put the items up.  We have had a ton of squash, our freezer is almost completely full...good thing we both really like it!  Here are a few pictures of two of our days pickings in the last week, it has been really great production because of lots of rain.


I am sad to say that our corn did not do too good, we actually tore everything down last weekend.  Thankfully we were able to get a few ears and will be enjoying them in the near future.

My favorite thing lately has been our purple hull peas, if you are like me you are thinking, what in the world is that!  When we first began talking about a garden, that is all Reid kept saying and I thought he was crazy because I never heard of them.  I was pleasantly surprised, they are soooo good, I will definately put them on our list for next year.

Reid is finally happy to have his home grown tomatoes.  He has enjoyed many tomato sandwiches for lunch...still kinda odd to me but he loves them!  We planted 8 tomato plants and they are all really starting to thrive in the next few weeks I think we are gonna have too many on our hands!
Tonight Reid is cooking some good ole squash and onions, beer butt chicken, candied carrots and green beans...who is ready to join us???

0 comments:

Post a Comment